Disassemble Time: 5 Minutes
Tools Required: Xecuter Unlock KitV2 (Can be purchased from all Xecuter Resellers) (If you wish to remove the motherboard to do an RROD repair then you will also need a Xecuter Xbox 360 RROD Repair Kit Pro (Torx 8 & Torx 10 Screwdriver included) and also follow Part 2 of this tutorial
With two simple tools you are able to disassemble the Xbox 360 case, removing the components from the system without any damage. If you plan to take apart your Xbox 360 — and we must warn that doing so will probably void your warranty.
As well as the tutorial below you can follow this video that was posted by xEugene123x on Youtube.
PART 1: Disassemble The Case
1.The first step is to remove the front face plate. Take a look at the front of the Xbox 360 and insert your finger into the gap on the side cover that is closest to the front USB ports [Pic 1a]. Gently pull out the face plate with your thumb [Pic 1b]. With not much force, the face plate should pop right off [រូបទី១ គ].
2. You will notice that the gray ventilation side plates attach to both the bottom and top white chassis. We will now remove the gray side plate starting with the right side of the unit (The side where the hard drive plugs into). For this you will need the Xecuter Unlock Tool. First you need to unlatch the two internal locks which is done quite easily [រូបទី២ ក] & [រូបទី២ ខ]
3. Here is a couple of pics showing the process of unlocking the two internal latches [រូបទី២ គ]. Note that when you unlock the latch you should gently lift the gray panel [រូបទី២ ឃ]
4. There are three latches down each side of the case. These can be accessed through the round air vent holes. Use the unlock tool to push in these latches. On each latch gently lift the gray side panel so that the latches cannot fall back into place [រូបទី៣ ក], [រូបទី៣ ខ] & [រូបទី៣ គ].
5. Now turn the Xbox around as you will be doing the same to the other side. To access the first hole to your left you will need to remove a small gray rubber pad [រូបទី៣ ឃ].
6. Now use the unlock tool again to push in two more latches through the air vent holes. Remember to gently lift as you go along [រូបទី៣ ង] & [រូបទី៣ ច].
7. Remove the gray side panel from the case [Pic 3g].
8. Now lets remove the gray panel on the other side of the case. This one is a little more straight forward as there are no internal latches to unclip. There are three latches each side. Again use the unlock tool to access each latch through the air vent holes. Make sure you gently lift the gray side plate after unclipping each latch [រូបទី៤ ក], [រូបទី៤ ខ] & [រូបទី៤ គ]
8. Now lets switch to the other side. Again there are three latches to unclip. Remember to gently lift the panel so the latches do not fall back into place [Pic 5a], [Pic 5b] & [Pic 5c]
9. Once you have both side panels removed, you have essentially removed the main locking mechanism that holds the top and bottom shells together. At this point, return to the front of the unit and turn the entire unit upside down [រូបទី៦ ក]
10. Using a flat head screw driver or even your fingernail, gently pry up the 4 clips holding the top shell to the bottom [រូបទី៧ ក]. You may want to be careful here if you wish to maintain the quality of the security sticker. Some people use a hairdyer to remove it so it can be replaced intact later. Once the clips are unlatched, slowly lift up the front of the bottom shell about an inch or so [រូបទី៧ ខ].
11. Now turn over the console to remove the bottom shell. You will need the Unlocking Tool as there are 5 small rectangle holes to the left of the case [រូបទី៨ ក] and 2 small rectangle holes to the right [រូបទី៨ ខ].
12. There are 5 pins on one side of the Unlock Tool [រូបទី៩ ក] and 2 pins on the other side [រូបទី៩ ខ]. You will need to insert these pins into the small rectangle holes to enable the case to unlatch. The reason the front of the bottom shell needs to be lifted is to prevent the rear latches from reattaching themselves.
13. Carefully insert the Unlock Tool into the row of 5 [រូបទី៩ គ]. You should hear a click sound for each clamp you unlatch. Once complete, lift up the left side of the case [រូបទី៩ ឃ] then move over to the row of 2 on the other side of the case.
14. Carefully insert the Unlock Tool into the row of 2 [រូបទី៩ ង]. You should hear a click sound for each clamp you unlatch.
15. Once complete, lift up the entire bottom section of the case [រូបទី១០ ក] & [រូបទី១០ ខ].
16. Looking down on the Xbox metal casing you will notice that there are a lot of screws. We are only interested in 6 of them. Using your Torx 10 screw driver, remove the silver screws [រូបទី១១ ក].
17. Once you have all the screws removed, flip the Xbox 360 right side up first remove the eject button and then lift up the top plastic shell [រូបទី១២ ក] & [រូបទី១២ ខ].
18. You should now be greeted with the internals of the Xbox 360 [Pic 12c]. Congratulations! You are now ready to update your DVD firmware or continue onto the next part of the tutorial which is to take out the motherboard for RROD repairs.
PART 2: Remove The Motherboard
18. You first need to remove the front panel. Unclip the plastic cover [រូបទី១៣ ក] and unscrew the 3 screws [រូបទី១៣ ខ] using a Torx 8 screwdriver. Once the screws have been removed unplug the circuit board from the Xbox [រូបទី១៣ គ].
19. Now remove the DVD Drive (unplug the Power & Sata cable from the back of the drive) and then remove the exhaust unit that covers the fan (if you have one installed) [រូបទី១៤ ក]. Unplug the fans power cable from the motherboard and unclip the fan from the chassis and remove [រូបទី១៤ ខ & ១៤ គ].
20. Turn the case over and remove all the screws. The outer screws are Torx 10 [រូបទី១៥ ក] and the heatsink screws are Torx 8 [រូបទី១៥ ខ].
21. You can now safely remove the motherboard from the chassis [រូបទី១៦]